Monday, November 23, 2009

Kitchen Sink Is Down...

Now you know when it comes to me, there is ALWAYS a story. Well, here's the lastest in the crazy adventures or me...

On Friday, our office received the following email: This e-mail is to let you know that the kitchen sink is down for repairs. Please do not use the sink for anything. We have a repairman on the way. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Now one may think, that's no big deal. Well, here's the story BEHIND the story...

I had an 18 pack of Diet Pepsi left over from an event a few months ago that has been sitting in the church office. Seeing as we recycle cans here, I brought in the 18 pack, poured the soda out and recycled the cans. While pouring the cans out, Jillian (our receptionist) walked in and were just chatting. WELL, she stepped in a puddle and said, “I wonder where this came from?” To my horror, I looked down and saw a puddle of soda on the floor. It kept coming out from underneath the cabinets. I could only imagine that there was a huge leak inside the wall. NOPE, we soon determined that the overflow drain (who knew we had one) was plugged up and now the soda was coming right back out…all 18 cans of it! We went through 3 rolls of paper towels. Once we cleaned up most of it, Jillian went to get Clorox wipes so we could clean up the stickiness from the soda. On her way out, she noticed a large wet spot in the hallway. The soda has leaked all the way through the wall and out to the hallway. We now don’t have access to the kitchen sink and they are wet vacuuming the hallway.

Seriously, a person can't make this crap up!

Oh well...I only get one life to live...so I'm livin it...spilled soda and all!

Happy Turkey Week...I'm sure there will be a new adventure soon!

BB

No comments:

Post a Comment