Friday, July 29, 2011

I've done it again...no, really!

So...although it has been FOREVER since I have posted, I feel like this is as good a time as any to start again because...there's been another episode. :)

I am getting ready for work and wanted something good for breakfast. It is month end after all...so I brought stuff to make tacos (at work). I know what you are thinking "Tacos?"...yes, please! I love them and was just hungry for them this morning.

Well, as I was preparing them (I brought each item in separate containers), I had plenty of dishes to wash. So, I began washing them once my yummy tacos were made. WELL...as I was washing and talking w/Sara (co-worker) I felt water on my foot. Which immediately I thought "That's weird, I was being so careful to not get water all over me (which is typical) while washing." I looked down and to my utter shock and amazement, there was water pouring out of the cabinet below. I opened the cabinet and water was pouring out from the garbage disposal drain. I immediately said "OMG, there is no way this is happening again!" (while watching water just pour and fill up an entire section of the kitchen floor). I quickly told Sara about the soda (an old post) and then ran to the front desk to inform them of my problem. Jillian (receptionist) called Niki (facilities) to report the issue. I then went back and began mopping up (as best as I could) with a roll of paper towels all while thinking "Only me...only me!" Of course as this was early in the morning, everyone began arriving to clock in, put their lunch away and grab coffee/tea. And all they saw was my big behind on the floor moping up water and of course they would ask "What happened?" I tried to be polite in my responses until Kori (my back-up & know-er of all of my happenings) and said "Oh no, Becky happened!" Ha Ha Ha...Kishande (co-worker) said "Reason #3 we need a dish washer...Becky!" It's a good thing I can laugh at myself...and with others! :)

Well, we got most of it mopped up and of course when I got back to my desk there was the "Kitchen sink is down" email. And the laughter in my department has begun...

Hope your Friday is eventful...Peace out!

1 comment: